Raise children to be accountable to life - from Hyde School
- Do not do for your children what they can do for themselves.
- The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.
- Value success and failure.
- Treat your child as if they were someone else’s.
- As a matter of practice, expect your child to do things they may not want to do, just because.
Why we went back to school
Glad to see that I am not the only one who did made the switch in their 40s!
"They wanted to be more useful. Among the first was from someone who was ex-Bain (consultancy) and had spent 21 years in investment banking. He wrote: “I’d like to leave something better behind me than richer shareholders and richer partners.”"
Why America needs more college graduates ASAP
"....community colleges and regional universities that will educate the vast majority of these students have lost almost 20% of their state support since 2008."